September 28, 2020
Did you know that 26% of adults over the age of 74 have lost all their teeth? Plus, a whopping 69% of Americans between 35 and 44 have lost at least one permanent tooth! Fortunately, patients who fall into these statistics can opt for dental implants that are durable, natural-looking, and long-lasting. However, many potential patients still have one important question on their minds: How many do I need? Read on for the determining factors, three solutions to consider, and how your dentist can help.
How Many Dental Implants Do You Need?
Since each smile is unique, the answer to this question can vary from a couple of implants to eight at most. However, some of the common factors include:
- Which jaw is being treated.
- The amount of bone available.
- The patient’s chewing system.
- The design or the prosthesis (fixed or removable).
3 Dental Implant Solutions to Consider
- Implant-retained bridges – If you are missing a few teeth or an entire arch in the same area of your mouth, then you should consider this restorative treatment option. With this solution, you can use a dental implant bridge to restore your smile instead of using individual implants for each missing tooth.
- Implant-supported dentures – While traditional dentures rest on the gums for durability, implant-supported dentures are surgically placed into the jawbone for maximum strength. Since the implant site is centered around the strongest part of the bone, patients who aren’t a candidate for single-use dental implants may be eligible for this alternative.
- Single-implant crowns – For patients with one missing tooth or a few missing teeth throughout their mouth, a single dental implant is the best restorative solution.
How Your Dentist Can Help
Alone, learning about the pros and cons of each option can become overwhelming, especially since there is no room for error when it comes to your smile. Fortunately, your dentist is here to help! By conducting a thorough examination, they can determine whether you are a candidate for dental implants and, if you are, decide which solution is best for your smile and your wallet. Plus, they can walk you through the process and share what to expect along the way to ensure you experience a seamless transition. So, if you are missing one, a few, or an entire arch of teeth, talk to your dentist today!
About the Practice
At Dental Center of Jacksonville, the latest technology, an experienced team, and a spa-like experience come together to provide patients with world-class dental care that is second to none. At each appointment, Dr. Jignesh Patel, Dr. Antal Barbela, and Dr. Andrew Calhoun use their extensive education, impressive clinical skills, and passion for their craft to restore patients’ smiles and improve their oral health. If you would like to speak with them about enhancing your smile with dental implants, visit their website or give them a call at 904-262-9466.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.