The word orthodontics typically calls to mind an image of an adolescent with metal brackets and wires on their teeth. Today, Invisalign is changing the way that people think about orthodontic treatment. Using clear, comfortable alignment trays, the Invisalign system makes it easy for patients of all ages to achieve their ideal smiles. The Dental Center of Jacksonville team is proud to be a trusted Invisalign orthodontic treatment provider. If you want to learn more about Invisalign or find out whether or not you’re a candidate, contact our team to schedule your orthodontic consultation today.
Who Should Consider Invisalign
Any teen or adult who wants to straighten their teeth without metal brackets and wires should consider Invisalign. Innovations in the technology and treatment planning mean we can now use Invisalign for even advanced alignment concerns like over, under, and crossbite. Some patients who could benefit from Invisalign orthodontics include:
- Busy patients who can’t fit frequent trips to the orthodontist into their schedules
- Patients with allergies or sensitivities to metal
- Adults who want to maintain a professional image
- Adults who previously had orthodontic treatment as teens and need retreatment due to teeth shifting over time
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign uses a series of clear, plastic alignment trays to shift teeth into their ideal alignment over the course of about twelve months of treatment. Each set of alignment trays represents the smile one step closer to the desired end result. Patients wear their aligners for about two weeks at a time. Then, they switch to the next set in the series. Every six weeks to two months, patients will visit our office, so we can check the progress of their smiles to ensure they are in line with their treatment plan. During these visits, we can adjust the plan to help patients get their flawless smiles quickly.
Benefits of Invisalign Orthodontics
Patients who choose to proceed with Invisalign orthodontic treatment can expect to experience a number of benefits including:
- Saved time – with a shorter overall treatment time and fewer office appointment, Invisalign saves patients countless hours compared with traditional orthodontics
- Cosmetic appearance – you will look and feel your best throughout the course of treatment
- No hassle – you can remove your aligners during meals and while cleaning teeth, so there’s no need to worry about changing your diet or oral hygiene routine
- Comfortable – patients report experiencing significantly less discomfort with Invisalign compared with traditional braces
Call to schedule a consult to find out if Invisalign is right for you.
Fill out this short form and we will get back to you with the answers you need.