Beautiful Teeth WhiteningWhitening your teeth is a great way to rejuvenate your appearance without having to make significant investments in cosmetic dentistry or plastic surgery. And if you are interested in revealing the most spectacular results, we encourage you to skip the generic over-the-counter treatment and choose a professional whitening solution from our team of experts. We are pleased to offer in-office and at-home teeth whitening in Jacksonville.
Why Teeth Stain Over Time
Your teeth may become stained or discolored for a number of reasons. Most adults gradually notice their pearly whites look less and less “pearly” as the years pass by. Some of the most significant causes of stains on the enamel and general darkening of the teeth include:
- Black coffee drunk every morning
- Smoking and other tobacco use
- Wine -- especially red wine (the acids in white wine can also make the teeth more vulnerable to stains)
- Foods like tomato sauce, ripe berries, dark chocolate, and others
- Poor oral hygiene, which allows plaque and visible tartar to build up on the teeth
These are the external factors that can cause the teeth to change colors. Genetics can play a significant role as well -- some people were just born with whiter teeth than others. In general, your smile should be as bright as the whites of your eyes.
Our Teeth Whitening Options
Our office offers two options in teeth whitening: an in-office treatment that is completed in less than one hour, and an at-home method that allows you to reveal your results over the course of two weeks, on average. The one that is right for you depends on your budget, timeline, and personal preference. Both methods can be expected to reveal teeth that are up to eight shades brighter.
After you complete your whitening treatment (or during the process for at-home whitening), it is extra-important that you avoid consuming highly-pigmented foods and beverages. Your tooth enamel is more vulnerable to these staining agents immediately after whitening, so do not drink coffee, smoke, or eat vibrant foods in the first several hours after the gel has been removed.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening offers a number of benefits for patients who are interested in improving the appearance of their smiles. Some of the most significant include:
- Reveal a more youthful smile without having to invest significant time or money in other treatments
- Choose from in-office or at-home treatments to whiten at your preferred pace
- Results can last for a long time with proper care and maintenance of your teeth
- Enjoy all the confidence of a beautiful, sparkling smile!
Learn More about Teeth Whitening Today!
If you are interested in how professional teeth whitening can improve your smile, we invite you to get in touch with your dentist in Jacksonville to learn more. We can’t wait to help you enjoy all the benefits of this popular cosmetic treatment. Go ahead and request an appointment today.
Fill out this short form and we will get back to you with the answers you need.